Tuesday 22 October 2013

29th August - 1st September, 1947 - "Mrs Parkington" and a local feud...

Friday, 29th August, 1947
Very hot day today.

Myself and three other B/Cs went to Nablus to the Club Cinema.  “Mrs Parkington” was the film and I think I was the only one of our party that enjoyed it.

I received a parcel of newspapers from home and “Charles Dickens” from the Book Club.


Saturday, 30th August, 1947
Another case was reported today.  On the night of 28/29.8.47 some firewood belonging to a man in Tubas was set on fire.  The accused is unknown by me but we suspect the relations of the two boys who were blown up the other day.  The boys were buried on the 28th and the comp. family were celebrating a wedding.  Their festivities are believed to have provoked the other family.

We were paid today.
The army left today more are expected.

Sunday, 31st August, 1947
Everyone turned out in civvies today a true day of rest.


Monday, 1st September, 1947
This morning I did all the reports I could before the Inspector goes on leave.


No comments:

Post a Comment